Young People’s Guarantee Workshop Jam
Friday, 02 October 2020
- 16 to 24 years old
- Saturday 3rd October 2020
- 10.30am to 3.30pm (with plenty of breaks)
- Zoom (online) - Across Scotland
About the Event
#YSHive is working with The Scottish Government to run this one day digital jam event for young people to influence the Young People’s Guarantee.
"We will guarantee to every young person aged between 16 and 24 in Scotland the opportunity, based on their own personal circumstances and ambitions, of going to university or college, an apprenticeship programme, training, fair employment including work experience, or participating in a formal volunteering programme." The Young People’s Guarantee
It is vital that young people are involved in designing how the Young People’s Guarantee will work in a way that is representative, inclusive and most importantly, meets the needs of Scotland’s young people.
Anyone in the age range can attend, and we welcome a mix of experience and knowledge of welfare, employment, employability, and skills. We are happy to make reasonable adjustments based on your needs to enable you to attend. We are particularly interested to collaborate with young people who are more at risk of experiencing barriers due to their personal circumstances including BAME young people, disabled young people, young women, young carers, care-experienced young people, and young people who live in low income households.
This interactive workshop will take you through the #YSHive Process in one day to design a young people’s journey map:
- EXPLORE: Share your own experiences, including barriers and opportunities to accessing education, employment, training and skills opportunities due to COVID-19. Discover information from key experts and ask questions. Identify what young people need, particularly considering those who are more at risk of experiencing barriers due to their personal circumstances.
- CREATE: Work together in teams with other young people, supported by Young Scot staff, to create a series of ideas for a young people’s journey map.
- DISRUPT: Develop your priority ideas with support from Young Scot staff.
- ACT: Share back your ideas for The Scottish Government and a new Young People’s Guarantee Leadership Panel to consider.
This digital workshop will be hosted by Young Scot staff. Notes will be taken, and a report will be provided to The Scottish Government with the findings from this event. We will share feedback after the event and next steps as a result of your influence.
We will be recruiting volunteers for the Young People’s Guarantee Leadership Panel on Young Scot Hive soon!
You will receive 250 Young Scot Rewards points for attending this event.
To sign up to attend the event, go to: https://young.scot/get-involved/national/yshive-young-people-s-guarantee-workshop-jam
The application form is also available as a word document and we will also accept verbal applications made using video or voice recording over the phone. We’re happy to make reasonable adjustments and provide other additional support to help you apply. Please contact YSHive@young.scot to arrange this.
We will share the Zoom link and additional guidelines for attending the session before the day of the workshop. All of your personal details will be stored safely and used for the purpose of attending this meeting according to GDPR, and will not be shared.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, this workshop will take place online. However, we understand getting online can be difficult, so please still sign up if you have limited access as we can support you with alternative arrangements.
Please note, adults or professionals can only attend to support a young person. If you would like to find out more about the #YSHive service and volunteering, please visit our F.A.Q's, or contact us on the email address below.
Email us on YSHive@young.scot if you have any questions or would like to know more about this session - we're happy to help!